The Wound Healing Center at Garden Park Medical Center is conveniently located in the Bayou Bernard Medical Office Building, suite 140, right next to Garden Park Medical Center. Call and make an appointment today. Self - referrals are welcomed.
The center specializes in advanced treatment plans for hard to heal wounds.
If you have a wound that has not healed, consider seeking help from The Wound Healing Center. The methods employed by the center, such as compression therapy, and Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy, have yielded an impressive record of healing wounds that others thought hopeless, including many that might have resulted in amputation.
Carefully researched methods allow patients to receive state-of-the-art treatment wounds that have resisted healing despite months, or even years of conventional treatment.
The Wound Healing Center staff proudly serves under the medical supervision of numerous dedicated and talented providers, an added benefit to our patients who want a holistic approach to their care. The doctors ensure that one’s individual health care needs are being met so that optimal healing may occur.
Types of Wounds That May Benefit from Wound Care Services
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Arterial/ischemic ulcers
- Traumatic wounds
- Crush injuries
- Venous ulcers
- Non-healing, surgical wounds
- Post-radiation injury to tissue or bone
- Infected wounds
- Compromised flaps or grafts
The Wound Healing Center Providers
- Dr. Curtis Broussard, Family Practice
- Dr. Robert Brunston, General Surgery
- Dr. Larry Killebrew, General Surgery
- Dr. Roger Reed, Family Practice
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is your wound older than 14 days and not healing?
- Does your wound heal and then reoccur?
- Do you have redness around your wound that is warm to the touch?
- Do you have a history of Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) and take steroids?
- Do you have a history of Diabetes?
- Do your legs stay swollen? Do they weep?
- Do think you may have been bitten by a tick, spider or other venomous insect?
- Are you concerned about how tender and sore the wound is?
- Have you been told you have a bone infection near the site of the wound.
- Have you ever had radiation treatments near the site of your wound.
If you answered yes to any of these questions or if you are just unsure about the progress or severity of your wound, we are here to assist you. If you have any concerns about a wound, pick up the phone and call us at (228)575-8000 and schedule an appointment. Will be glad to evaluate your wound and help set you on the road to healing.
Our program is a physician driven program. What that means that at each scheduled wound care visit you will be evaluated and treated by a physician trained in wound care and hyperbaric medicine. Most patients return to see the doctor weekly.
In-depth physical and history, physician evaluation and multi-team approach to developing a specific plan of care for treatment options and prevention of reoccurrence of your problematic wound.
HBOT uses a special pressure chamber to increase the amount of oxygen in the blood. Oxygen is necessary for life and wound healing. Each treatment last 90 -120 minutes depending on the cause of your non-healing wound.
Not everyone needs HBOT. In fact, less than 10% of our patients require HBO therapy. Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy is just one of the tools in our wound care tool bag.
- Call for an appointment (228) 575-8000
- Have your Physician or Nurse Practitioner contact us for an appointment.
Photo ID, Insurance Information, up to date medication information.