Sleep is a basic necessity of life. It is as important to our health and well-being as air, food or water. When we get a good night’s sleep, we awake feeling refreshed alert and ready to face the many challenges of our daily routine. When we don’t, we suffer. Our jobs relationships, productivity, health and safety – as well as the safety of those around us – are put at risk.
Garden Park Medical Center, in partnership with Sleep Solutions, is dedicated to determining the reasons you may have for a restless night’s sleep. The sleep lab specializes in REM Sleep Behavior disorder, Sleep Apnea, Insomnia, “Restless Leg” Syndrome, Narcolepsy and many others that include sleep walking, night terrors or nocturnal seizure disorder.
How do I know if I have a sleep disorder?
If you suffer from three or more of the following or fall asleep during the activities listed, you may have a sleep disorder and could benefit from a sleep study. Please contact your physician.
- Change in personality
- Extremely loud snoring
- Fall asleep reading or watching TV
- Feel sleepy during the day
- High blood pressure
- Lack of energy
- Morning headaches
- Nighttime gasping, choking or coughing
- Poor work or school performance
- Waking up frequently
- Or, fall asleep during:
- Sitting inactive in a public place (i.e., theater or meeting)
- As a passenger in a car for an hour without a break
- Sitting and talking to someone
- Sitting quietly after a lunch without alcohol
- In a car, while stopped for a few minutes in traffic
What is an overnight sleep study?
Performed in a private sleep room, it involves the analysis of your body’s sleep patterns. You may have a procedure call polysomnogram (sleep study). This involves the placement of special sensors to record the activity of your respiration, heart, lungs, brain waves and muscles, movement or behavior during sleep and other physiologic functions during sleep in an effort to uncover the source of the sleep disturbance. The study will also monitor the air flow from your nose and mouth, as well as, the level of the oxygen in your blood. The test is painless and is conducted by a trained technician.
Why Garden Park Medical Center?
We conduct overnight and daytime sleep tests and offer many amenities such as:
- Queen size bed
- Private patient rooms and bathrooms
- Walk-in shower
- Flat-screen TV
- Individual temperature control
- Free WiFi
Our excellent staff offers:
- Board-certified doctor evaluation
- Timely and accurate reports to your doctor
- Personal care for you and your unique needs
- Board Registered Sleep Technicians