Treating a full range of hand and arm conditions in the Gulfport area
The human hand is one of nature’s most useful and complex creations – so injuries to the hand require specialized care. That’s why Garden Park Medical Center is equipped to diagnose and treat a wide variety of hand and upper extremity problems caused by trauma and overuse, including:
- Fractures and other trauma
- Peripheral nerve disorders and nerve injuries
- Nerve transfers
- Arthroscopic wrist procedures
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Injuries to tendons, ligaments and other soft-tissues
- Sports injuries, such as tennis elbow and skier’s thumb
- Tumors of the hand, wrist and forearm
- Dupuytren’s contracture and other hand deformities
Garden Park’s orthopedic specialists are part of a multi-disciplinary team of rehabilitation and occupational medicine experts dedicated to helping speed your recovery.
Nerve injuries and treatments
Often, symptoms of numbness, weakness or pain in the hands or arms are the result of nerve injuries or conditions in which the nerves are compressed. Other symptoms may include a change in the size of the muscles or changes to the amount of sweat around the affected area.
While some nerve conditions can heal on their own, more severe issues may require supportive care or surgical intervention and follow-up rehabilitation. Also, nerve transfers may offer an alternative to tendon transfers if the injury occurred within the past year.