- 09.01.14 from 06:00 PM to 08:00 PM
- 09.01.14 from 07:00 PM to 08:30 PM
- 09.02.14 from 12:30 PM to 01:30 PM
- 09.09.14 from 05:00 PM to 07:00 PM
- 09.11.14 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Garden Park Medical Center Receives Approval To Open Post Traumatic Stress And Substance Abuse Unit For Active Duty Military06.10.14
Garden Park Medical Center Earns “Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®” Recognition from The Joint Commission10.30.13
Garden Park Medical Center has a very active volunteer group called the Garden Park Auxiliary. This wonderful group of individuals provides an array of services to the hospital and brightens the day of many people.
As a volunteer, you will have an opportunity to help patients, visitors, and our employees in a number of ways. Our volunteers help at the information desk, manage the gift shop, and provide information to visitors in the surgery waiting room and on the second floor nursing station. They also assist us with a number of very important projects throughout the day.
Our volunteers are a valuable resource, and we are so thankful to work with such an outstanding group of people. As an organization, the volunteers donate the funds they earn from the gift shop to various worthy community groups such as the Salvation Army, the American Heart Association, local food pantries, Red Cross, Gates to Success, Multiple Sclerosis, St. Vincent de Paul, Shriner’s Burn Center, and many more.
At Garden Park, we are also very proud of our employees and the values we embrace to create a culture of compassion and quality care for our patients. Our volunteers play a vital role in creating this culture and set an example for all by selflessly giving their time.
The following are some of the opportunities that we have for our volunteers. New opportunities are always available.
Patient Escort—front desk
- Escort patients to admissions, radiology, surgery, nursing units
- Greet patients and visitors and sometimes assists front desk personnel
- Deliver plants to patients
- Deliver other items as needed to various departments
- Help with mailing of flyers, put brochure material together, etc.
- Serve as cashier; ring up items and collect money
- Answer questions from customers
- Direct customers to appropriate resource if needed
- Answer questions from family members
- Answer telephone from surgery personnel and relay information as needed
- Provide coffee to visitors
- Ensure waiting room is kept neat
Second Floor Information Desk
- Assist visitors with directions to units
- Answer questions from visitors
- Put together admit charts for nursing
- Other duties as requested
If you would like to volunteer your time as a member of the Garden Park Auxiliary or find out more information,please call
(228) 575-7066. You may also complete this application and send it to Garden Park in one of the following ways:
Volunteer Opportunities c/o Human Resources
Find A Job - Help For Disabled
If you have a disability and require assistance completing the online application, please contact the Human Resources Department at 228-575-7066.