- 10.02.14 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM
- 10.06.14 from 06:00 PM to 08:00 PM
- 10.06.14 from 06:00 PM to 07:00 PM
- 10.07.14 from 12:30 PM to 01:30 PM
- 10.09.14 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Garden Park Medical Center Offers Complete Breast Health Services Beginning with Screening and Prevention09.10.14
Garden Park Medical Center Receives Approval To Open Post Traumatic Stress And Substance Abuse Unit For Active Duty Military06.10.14
Garden Park Medical Center Earns “Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®” Recognition from The Joint Commission10.30.13
Quality & Patient Safety
Garden Park Medical Center is committed to quality and patient safety. Your safety is our priority. Our goal is to make you feel safe and secure while you are in our hospital. We continually strive to promote a culture of safety for our patients, visitors and staff. Every member of our staff is dedicated to...
- Providing you with a safe, healthy and secure environment
- Performing their jobs carefully and competently
- Using safe and effective practices and technologies
- Responding to your wants and needs in a timely manner
- Ensuring timely communications between caregivers and patients by answering questions about your health, providing you with specific information about your care and explaining changes about your treatment
At Garden Park, we utilize interdisciplinary teams of physicians, clinical staff and senior management which identify quality measures, collect and analyze data, and develop and design improvements to continually enhance the quality of care at Garden Park with the goal of meeting and exceeding expected levels of quality.
Our staff members actively participate in safety initiatives to prevent unintended harm, minimize risk to patients, and continually promote a Culture of Safety. We promote a non-punitive approach to increased reporting of adverse events, increased communication of safety issues and compliance with National Safety Goals, and increased use of technology and ongoing staff education as part of our Culture of Safety.
In addition to compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations that govern aspects of patient care, the hospital is inspected by organizations such as the Mississippi State Department of Health, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), The Joint Commission, and many others.
Garden Park also participates in voluntary public reporting such as the Medicare Hospital Compare website and The Leapfrog Group for Patient Safety, among others. We believe that the public benefits when it is able to directly compare hospitals on the basis of quality measurements.
Garden Park has implemented a number of patient safety initiatives that reflect our commitment to patient safety including:
- National Patient Safety Goals:
- Accuracy of patient identification
- Effective communication among caregivers
- Safety of using medications
- Safety of infusion pumps
- Reduce the risk of healthcare-associated infections
- Medication reconciliation
- Patient fall prevention program
- Core Measures
- Heart failure
- Acute myocardial infarction
- Surgical care improvement process
- eMAR (electronic Medication Administration Record)
- Each patient admitted to our facility receives an armband with a bar code. The bar code corresponds to the patient’s current medical record, including drug history, allergies and lab results. Bar code identifiers also appear on shrink-wrapped doses of medication.
- Before a medication is administered, bar codes on the patient armband and the medication are scanned allowing the nurse or therapist to verify the right patient is receiving the right drug in the right dose and the right time.
- The software checks each medication against the patient’s drug history and lab results. If conflicts or potential drug interactions are identified, warnings alert the nurse to double check, verity and/or call the physician before administering the medication.
- Perinatal Safety Initiatives
- Management of jaundice and prevention of kernicterus in newborns
- Maternal medication safety
- Fetal heart monitoring education
- Performance Improvement teams, comprised of physicians, nurses, hospital leadership and other healthcare professionals, are at work to improve many other aspects of care including....
- Medication management
- Rapid response team
- Ventilator-assisted pneumonia
- DVT protocol
- Emergency services
- Falls program
- Patient flow and wait times
If you have any concerns regarding patient care or safety at Garden Park Medical Center, you are encouraged to contact Garden Park’s senior management team.
- Phone: (228) 575-7007
If the concerns in question cannot be resolved at the facility level, you may contact The Joint Commission at:
Fax:( 630) 792-5636
Office of Quality Monitoring
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181